Big 10 Tires began in the tire business in May of 1954 in Pensacola, Florida, as a franchised dealer for O.K. Rubber Welders. The first year's sales were primarily in retreads and used tires with a total dollar volume of $54,000.
The name of the company was changed to Big 10 Tires in October of 1962 and became associated with Dayton Tire and Rubber Company as its primary supplier, with Michelin and Bridgestone as secondary suppliers.
Today, Big 10 Tire Stores, Inc. is one of the Southeast's largest independent tire retailers, with over 100 locations in Georgia, Florida and Alabama. Future plans estimate 5-10 new store openings each year, and entering new markets throughout the Southeast.